ADACS Time Allocation Committee (ADACS TAC)
The purpose of ADACS Time Allocation Committee (ADACS TAC) is to allocate data and computing expert service resources to the astronomy community, primarily through a call for applications and a merit-based evaluation of those applications.
- ADACS is funded by and reports to the AAL Board through an AAL appointed committee.
- Membership of the ADACS TAC will be approved and appointed by the AAL board.
- ADACS TAC members are typically appointed for two year terms, with the possibility of renewal.
- The ADACS TAC Chair position is typically a one year term and will report to the AAL board.
- ADACS will provide administrative, logistical, and secretarial support for the ADACS TAC.
- It is envisaged that the ADACS TAC meets and allocates time twice per year as a minimum or as demand requires. Meetings will be via videocon/telecon. ADACS may request advice from the ADACS TAC on out-of-session applications or on related matters if such a need arises.
- Dr Simon O'Toole, Macquarie University (Chair), until 31 December 2020
- Mr Juan Carlos Guzman, CSIRO, until 31 December 2020
- Dr Matthew Mengel, University of Southern Queensland, until 31 December 2021
- Prof Chris Power, University of Western Australia, until 31 December 2021
- Dr Lilli Sun, Caltech, until 31 December 2021
- Dr Hannah Middleton, University of Melbourne, until 31 December 2021