Astronomy Supercomputer Time Allocation Committee
CALL FOR PROPOSALS: ASTAC 2020-A
** The current call for proposals closes at 5pm Friday 22nd November 2019. **
The Astronomy Supercomputer Time Allocation call for proposals for Q1-Q2 2020 is now open. The deadline for this call is 5pm Friday 22nd November 2019.
Within this call we have 4 million service units (or CPU-core-hours) available to allocate to the astronomy community on national supercomputing facilities. This includes allocations for CPU-only and GPU-specific applications.
The following resources are available:
- NCI Astronomy Flagship Program: up to 2,000 kSUs (CPU only) on the new Gadi system;
- Swinburne OzSTAR: up to 2,000 kSUs (CPU or GPU).
Please see the attached information sheet for more information, including how to apply, noting that applications are via an online process. URL: https://tac.adacs.org.au
We are also pleased to note that Astronomy Australia Limited (AAL) will enable an additional 10 MSUs/year over the next two years to the national astronomy community. Applications for this time will be made through ASTAC and the process will be announced in the next few months. Stay tuned for more details.
Terms of Reference
The purpose of AAL's Astronomy Supercomputer Time Allocation Committee (ASTAC) is to allocate available time on the following supercomputer resources for dedicated national astronomy access:
- OzSTAR, Swinburne University Supercomputer
- Fujitsu Primergy System, NCI National Facility
- ATHENA, Pawsey (when time is available)
There are usually two calls for proposals per year, announced around May and November, and closing in June and December. Please refer to ASTAC's allocation principles.
- Members of ASTAC are appointed by the AAL Board for a fixed term, with the possibility of renewal.
- Bernhard Mueller, Monash University, until 31 December 2020
- Orsola DeMarco, Macquarie University, until 31 December 2020
- Stas Shabala, University of Tasmania, until 31 December 2020
- Simon Mutch, University of Melbourne, until 31 December 2019
- Weigang Cui, University of Western Australia, until 31 December 2019
- Magda Guglielmo, University of Sydney, until 31 December 2019
- NCI Representative - Roger Edberg (ex-officio)
- Pawsey Representative - Chris Harris (ex-officio)
- Swinburne Supercomputer Manager - Jarrod Hurley (ex-officio)
- NCI user consultant - Roger Edberg
- Swinburne supercomputer user consultant - Jarrod Hurley
- Pawsey user consultant - Jenni Harrison