AAL Project Oversight Committee (APOC)
The AAL Science Project Oversight Committee (APOC) is a committee of Astronomy Australia Ltd. The purpose of APOC is to assist AAL by executing the following:
- Monitor and assess the progress of all NCRIS and other AAL-funded projects;
- Supply detailed commentary to the Board on project performance progress against milestones;
- Provide advice on potential or realised risks of AAL-funded projects;
- Provide advice on the eligibility of new projects for NCRIS or other funding
- Members of APOC are appointed by the AAL Board for a two-year fixed term, with the possibility of renewal.
- Committee members will be appointed by AAL via an application process.
- AAL will appoint a Chair to the committee.
- The committee will comprise seven members (including the Chair), with experience that covers a range of astronomical research infrastructure projects.
- Ex-officio members may be appointed as required by the AAL Board.
- AAL aims for institutional, geographical, career stage and gender diversity across its advisory committees.
- Meeting frequency: Four times per year (once in person, the rest via video conference), in line with project reporting requirements.
- Warwick Couch, Swinburne University
- Tania Ezra, Independent Consultant
- Karl Glazebrook, Swinburne University (AAL Board representative)
- Peter Gray, LBTO
- Minh Huynh, CSIRO
- Ian Sare, aadi Defence
- Katrina Sealey, AAO, Macquarie University
- Tony Travouillon, ANU (Chair)
- Emily Wisnioski, ANU