Radio Telescope Advisory Committee
Terms of Reference
The Radio Telescopes Advisory Committee is a committee of Astronomy Australia Ltd. The purpose of RTAC is to assist AAL by executing the following:
- Consider the capacity of Australia's radio telescope portfolio, including related ICT infrastructure, with particular regard to whether it caters for the scientific needs of the Australian community;
- Monitor and assess the progress of any radio telescope projects funded by AAL; and
- Keep the AAL Board appraised of global developments in major radio telescope facilities, and provide it with strategic advice accordingly.
- Members of RTAC are appointed by the AAL Board for a fixed term, with the possibility of renewal.
- Nick Seymour, Curtin University, until 31 December 2017 (Chair)
- Attila Popping, University of Western Australia, until 31 December 2017
- Simon Ellingsen, University of Tasmania, until 31 December 2018
- Adam Deller, Swinburne University of Technology, until 31 December 2018
- Minh Huynh, University of Western Australia, until 31 December 2018
- Natasha Hurley-Walker, Curtin University, until 31 December 2018
- John Reynolds, Program Director, ATNF Operations, CSIRO (ex-officio)
- Naomi McClure-Griffiths, Astronomy Australia Ltd. Board representative (ex-officio)